Llanfachreth, Dolgellau, Gwynedd
Location, Situation and Access - The property is situated in a rural but not isolated position, under 2 miles from the Village of Llanfachreth in South Snowdonia. The area benefits from plenty of beautiful walking, hiking and cycling trails. The Dolgellau area is becoming increasingly popular as a base for exploring Snowdonia with the seaside town of Barmouth also being situated within close proximity.
The property is accessed off an unclassified council road, approximately 1 mile from Bontnewydd and the A494 Bala road. The market town of Dolgellau is 4 miles or thereabouts from Cae Gwyn and provides a range of amenities and facilities including a Livestock Market, Wynnstay Store and a Veterinary Practice. Barmouth is situated under 15 miles to the west of the property and the popular lake-side town of Bala is 16 miles or thereabouts to the North.
Directions - From Dolgellau, travel along the A494 road towards Bala for approximately 3 miles before taking a left hand turning signposted Llanfachreth situated opposite to the turning for Brithdir.
Travel along this road for 0.5 of a mile before taking a right turn at the crossroads, travel along this road for a further 0.5 of a mile before turning left at the junction, travel along this road for 150m or thereabouts and the access to Lot 2, labelled ‘A’ on the plan, will be situated on your right.
Travel a further 150m or thereabouts and access to Lot 1, labelled ‘B’ on the plan, will be situated to the left.
Lot 1 - Lot 1 provides a rare opportunity to purchase a stone barn, shed and nearly 20 acres of land in a beautiful location with far reaching views towards Cader Idris.
A yard area with a 45ft by 30ft modern, portal framed building with a 20ft by 45ft lean-to forms part of the property. The shed benefits from concrete flooring and is constructed of concrete panel elevations with box profile sheets to the main shed and Yorkshire boarding to the lean-to. Water is provided to the shed via a rainwater collection tank.
The stone-built barn under a pitched slate roof is situated within close proximity to the modern building and would be ideal for conversion into a holiday let, subject to necessary consents. It measures approximately 6m by 8m (external) and benefits from far reaching views over the Welsh countryside and towards Cader Idris.
The land extends to 19.42 acres or thereabouts with approximately 7.86 acres of mixed quality grazing and woodland including a small lake. A number of streams also flow through this part of the land. The remaining 11.56 acres or thereabouts comprises of good quality mowable pasture.
Lot 2 - Lot 2 comprises of 13.34 acres or thereabouts of mixed quality grazing land and woodland.
Basic Payment Scheme & Glastir - The Basic Payment Scheme Entitlements in respect of the land are not included with the sale. The land is registered with the Welsh Government, the purchasers will be able to claim Basic Scheme Payments on the eligible land from the 2022 scheme year onwards.
We have been advised that the land is not within a Glastir Environmental Scheme.
Services - A natural supply of water is provided to the land.
Designations - The land situated within the Snowdonia National Park. No part of the property is within a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
We have assumed that the land is not within any other designations, however, we have not made any further enquiries to confirm this assumption nor have we made any further enquires in relation to any other designations.
Easements, Wayleaves and Rights of Way - A public footpath crosses through ‘lot 2’ as shown in purple on the plan.
The water sources for three properties are situated on lot 2. The owners of these three properties and their successors in title reserve the right to the full, free and uninterrupted right to take water from and off the land for the use and supply of the properties.
We are not aware of any onerous Wayleaves, Easements or Rights of Way.
The property is sold subject to, and with the benefit of all rights including the right of way, whether public or private, light support, drainage, water and electricity supplies and all other rights obligations, easements, quasi easement and restrictive covenants and all existing and proposed wayleaves, whether or not referred to in the particulars or not.
Tenure and Possession - We are advised that the freehold properties are offered for sale with the benefit of vacant possession upon completion.
Planning - We are not aware of any active planning permissions that may affect the property.
Local Authority & Planning Authority - Gwynedd County Council, Shirehall St, Caernarfon LL55 1SH. Tel: 01766 771 000
Snowdonia National Park Authority,
National Park Office, Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd, LL48 6LF
Telephone: 01766 770274
Method of Sale - Tenders must be made on the official Tender form and are to be received at the Agents’ office – Llys Meirion, Dolgellau, Gwynedd LL40 1AB in a sealed envelope marked “CAE GWYN - TENDER” by no later than 2:00pm on Wednesday 14th July 2021. Further information on the Informal Tender process is provided on the first page of the Tender Form.
Please contact email@example.com to request a tender form.
Viewing - Inspection of the property can be made without appointment, by foot only and with a set of these particulars in hand.
Inspection of the property will be undertaken at own risk and neither the vendor or their approved Agents, Farmers Marts (R G Jones) Ltd, will be responsible for any losses or injury.
Plans - These have been carefully prepared and are believed to be correct but interested parties must satisfy themselves as to the correctness of the statements within them. No person in the employment of the Agents, Farmers Marts (R G Jones) Ltd has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property and these particulars do not constitute an offer or contract.
Certain boundary lines on site may not accord with those identified on the plans accompanying this brochure and some internal divisions may have been removed since the Ordnance Survey complied the relevant Map Editions.
Disclaimer - These particulars, whilst believed to be accurate are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representation of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their accuracy. We have not carried out a detailed survey nor tested the services, appliances and specific fittings. The measurements given are approximate. No person in this firm’s employment has the authority to make or give any representation or warranty in respect of the property.
Important - 1. These particulars have been prepared in all good faith to give a fair and overall view of the property, please ask for further information/verification.
2. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good structural condition or otherwise, nor that any services, appliances, equipment or facilities are in good working order. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves on such matters prior to submitting their tender.
3. The photograph(s) depict only certain parts of the property. It should not be assumed that the property remains as displayed in the photograph(s). No assumption should be made with regard to parts of the property that have not been photographed. Please ask for further information if required.
4. Any area, measurements, aspects or distances referred to are given as a GUIDE ONLY. If such details are fundamental to a Prospective purchaser, such Prospective purchasers must rely on their own enquiries.
5. Where any reference is made to Planning Permission or potential uses, such information is given by Farmers Marts (R G Jones) Ltd in good faith. Prospective purchasers should, however, make their own enquiries into such matters prior to Tender.
6. Descriptions of the property are subjective and are used in good faith as an opinion and NOT as a statement of fact. Please make further specific enquiries to ensure that our descriptions are likely to match any expectations that you may have of the property.
7. IN ORDER TO CONFIRM WITH MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS, WE WILL REQUIRE PROSPECTIVE PURCHASERS TO PROVIDE PROOF OF IDENTITY AND ADDRESS. PLEASE BRING A VALID PASSPORT OR UK DRIVING LICENCE TOGETHER WITH A PUBLIC UTILITY INVOICE, BANK STATEMENT OR LOCAL AUTHORITY COUNCIL TAX BILL (DATED WITHIN THE PREVIOUS 3 MONTHS). CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR PAYMENT OF THE RENT WHICH MAY ONLY BY PAID BY BANKERS DRAFT, BUILDING SOCIETY CHEQUE, COMPANY CHEQUE OR PERSONAL CHEQUE.